• You must be under 25 years old to apply for this role!!!
• Have 4-8 hours free per month to volunteer.
Do you want to give your time to help a new youth organisation that will be providing Advice, Counselling, Personal Development and Health Services to young people aged 11 to 25, across London and later the UK?
Why not help us make choices about the services we provide, what our organisation will look like, where we will be based and lots more.
We are looking for Youth Trustees who will help us steer and direct the organisation, support us to make clear and effective aims and objectives, help us raise our profile, strengthen our structure and procedures and give us your ideas, suggestions and feedback to make SAFE UK a great organisation for all young people in the UK.
SAFE UK will be an independent charity providing FREE and CONFIDENTIAL services to young people aged between 11 and 25 years old, who live, work, study or socialise in London.
The aim of SAFE UK is to improve the quality of the lives of young people by providing a wide range of unique, innovative and responsive services to young people. These will include free, independent and confidential information, advice, counselling, personal development and family support services. In partnership with the NHS we will also provide free access and information to advice and support about sexual health, as well as general health.
If a young person comes to SAFE UK we work with them to develop a holistic personalised package of practical and emotional support designed to help them to deal with the issues that are important to them and to make positive changes to their lives. We also encourage and help young people to recognise and see the best in themselves, helping them to feel valued and respected.
We are looking for young people to volunteer 4-8 hours per month as ‘Youth Trustees’ to support us through this rapid growth and development.
1. Be an ambassador for SAFE UK.
2. Turn up to monthly meetings and actively take part for 2-3 hours, giving your ideas, views, suggestions and feedback.
3. Support SAFE UK to prioritise, set goals and targets.
4. Act as spokesperson for SAFE UK, while at events, meetings both at SAFE UK and externally.
5. Take part in Interviewing Staff and Volunteers.
6. Advertise SAFE UK to other young people.
7. Give us your suggestions and ideas on how to improve services for young people.
8. Assist with fundraising or organising events.
9. Much more.
• Under 25 years of age.
• Respectful of others.
• Aware and respectful of others.
• Willingness to learn new skills.
• Able to volunteer 4-8 hours per month (more if they can)
What Are The Benefits To You?
• Have your ideas & suggestions heard.
• Looks good on your CV.
• A reference for future education or work.
• Meet new people and take part in fun activities and sessions.
• Experience of organising events and having a massive input into a brand new and growing organisation.
For more information on SAFE UK, please visit www. safe-uk. org. uk
To apply for the Youth Trustee role email us.
WARNING: Jobseekers should never supply bank account details or any other financial information as part of their application or in subsequent correspondence with the advertiser.
Please enter the following details so we can forward this job to your friend.